We tend to spend a lot of time focused on what our teeth look like, but not necessarily on our gums.
Gingivitis, however, is fairly easy to spot if you know what to look for.The common signs of gingivitis are:
- Gums that bleed easily when you brush or floss.
- Red, tender, or swollen gums (healthy gums should be pink and firm)
- Chronic bad breath
- Unexplained, lasting bad taste in your mouth
Even if you don’t notice any signs of gingivitis, you may still have it. Be sure to visit your dentist and hygienist twice a year for professional cleanings and exams, where they will look for subtle signs of gingivitis that you may not be able to see. Remember, they’ve been specially trained to know what to look for in your mouth. With their help, and by using solutions from Crest specifically designed to treat this problem, you can help prevent or reverse gingivitis.
By keeping a close watch out gingivitis, you’ll be taking an important step toward keeping your gums, teeth, and the rest of your body healthy. If you do see any of the telltale signs, start with home treatment and prevention of gingivitis as soon as possible. To learn more about the different aspects of gingivitis and gum disease gingivitis and gum disease.
- Crest® PRO-HEALTH® Advanced Toothpaste helps prevent gingivitis and helps reverse gingivitis in 4 weeks
- Crest® PRO-HEALTH® Multi-Protection Mouthwash kills 99% of the bacteria that cause gingivitis